West Moors has had a Town (formerly Parish until 27.02.2020) Council for over 60 years.
West Moors Town Council is the elected body of the parish and consists of twelve members representing the Civil Parish. As a Council they meet 12 times a year, currently, at St. Anthony's Church, 8 Pinehurst Road, on Thursdays from 7.30pm.
All 12 Council members are summoned to each meeting. If they cannot attend, apologies must be given, or they are recorded as absent without apologies.
In addition, the Council has three other committees to oversee different aspects of the Council’s affairs. These committees are; Planning Consultative, Environment and Finance and General Purpose
There is one “terms of reference” which applies to all committees.
They describe the types of Council business that can be discussed at its meetings and what matters (if any) it can make decisions about. An Agenda is published in advance of each meeting and only matters on this can be discussed. The Chairman will conduct the meeting as set out in the Council’s Standing Orders. After each meeting, Minutes are prepared recording what was decided. Agendas and Minutes are published on this website and can be downloaded.
For the full list of scheduled Council meetings, please download the Calendar of Meetings
West Moors Town Council areas of responsibility include:
- Administration of the cark park at the end of Park Way, including the public toilets.
- Administration of Allotments located at Gulliver's Farm
- Provision of some street furniture including benches, bus shelters, entry signs into the area.
- Consultation on all planning applications within the parish boundaries.
- Provision of small grants to local organisations.
- Liaison with Dorset Council with regard to rights of way and footpaths.
- Management and operation of CCTV covering the Fryer Field and MUGA area.
- Compliance with The Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
The Town Council office is located at 4 Park Way and is open to the public on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10.00am. and 2.00pm. (except for bank holidays). The office is also open on Saturday morning between 10.00am. and 11.00am. when you can meet your local Town Councillors.
The Council employ a Town Clerk, an Assistant to the Town Clerk and five other part time employees.
If you are not happy with the service provided by the Town Council we have a Complaints procedure